The market for battery systems is developing rapidly. There is a growing demand for efficient batteries with a large energy density. Victron Energy has a suitable answer to this demand: the Victron Lithium-ion battery system. This is comprised of a very modern battery with an advanced control- and security system; the so-called Battery Management System (BMS). The BMS controls the charging and discharging, immediately takes action when certain (critical) values are exceeded and safeguards an efficient energy transfer.
The advantages of a Lithium-ion battery over conventional lead-acid batteries
• High energy density: more energy with less weight;
• High charge currents (shortens the charge period);
• High discharge currents (enabling for example electrical cooking on a small battery bank);
• Long battery life (up to six times the battery life of a conventional battery);
• High efficiency between charging and discharging (very little energy loss due to heat development);
• Higher continuous power available.
Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) is the safest of the mainstream Li-ion battery types.The nominal voltage of a LFP cell is 3,2V (lead-acid: 2V/cell). A 25,6V LFP battery consists of 8 cells connected in series.
24V 180Ah/100Ah Lithium-Ion Batteries
The base of the Victron Lithium-Ion Battery System is formed by individual 24V/180Ah Lithium-ion batteries. They have a built-in Cell Management System (BMS) which protects the battery on a cell level. It monitors individual cell voltage and system temperature, and actively balances the individual cells. All measured parameters are sent to the Lynx Ion which monitors the system as a whole.
|Manufacturer's Part Number||BAT524181200|
|Height Inc Terminals (mm)||351|