- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Battery Megastore with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
Battery Megastore collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account
- Contact you with any issues relating to your order
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
When Battery Megastore processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. For registered users, where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We please ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Our procedures to manage data retention is to retain customer data for 5 years or longer to support some of our parts warranty.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Our procedures to manage data retention is to retain customer data for 5 years or longer to support some of our parts warranty.
- The email marketing unsubscribe function will remove your details from marketing lists and confirmation of your removal will be sent to your email address.
- Data back-ups can take up to 60 days to remove specific data from the system.
- We will take reasonable steps under Article 17 of the GDPR to meet data subject requests
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Battery Megastore from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Battery Megastore would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Battery Megastore for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Battery Megastore correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Battery Megastore to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Battery Megastore erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Battery Megastore restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Battery Megastore processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Battery Megastore transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: 01684 298800
Or write to us: Battery Megastore, Unit 29 Alexandra Way, Ashchurch, Tewksbury, GL20 8NB
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Battery Megastore uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Battery Megastore uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Battery Megastore sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies if other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 01684 298800
Or write to us at: Battery Megastore, Unit 29 Alexandra Way, Ashchurch, Tewksbury, GL20 8NB
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Battery Megastore has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.