The Battery Chemistry Module (BCM) is a retro fit device designed to be installed on the output of a current limiting multi output battery charger to allow the battery charger to have independent chemistry selection on each output . More and more so, individuals are having different battery styles/chemistry and different voltage scales (12V and/or 24V) all within their DC system. Due to this quagmire, the BCM is the solution to allow one battery charger to charge different battery chemistries at different voltage scales and at their correct charging profile. So, the BCM can essentially turn a very simple battery charger into a multi output, multi chemistry advanced battery charger with other inherent advantages.
- Converts a single output charger into a multi output charger using multiple units.
- Converts a multi output charger into a multi chemistry multi output charger.
- 8 selectable charging profiles. AGM, Gel, sealed lead acid, flooded lead acid and lithium. There is also a desulphation mode.
- Battery temperature compensation and high battery temperature trip
- Remote voltage compensation. To do away with voltage drop across long cables there is a feature which allows the charger to compensate for a voltage drop up to about 1 volt .
- Ideal set up would be a 12V AGM house bank and a 24V deep cycle bow thruster bank. From one charger you can charge both banks at their correct voltage scale and correct charging profile
- Simple to install. Simply connect the input of the BCM to an output of a current limiting battery charger and connect the output of the BCM to the battery bank.
- Most cost effective method for multi chemistry multi output battery charging on the market.