The range of Current Limiting Voltage Sensitive Relays (CVSRs) offer bullet proof versatility. Not only do they act as bidirectional 0.0V drop charging relay but they also offer the ability to react in a controlled way to excessive loads that would normal destroy conventional relays. Under high loads, such as: Large Inverters / AC units / Bow Thrusters. The load drawn down the DC cabling would exceed the cable and relay rating and cause the arc to weld shut or would simply cause the relay to shatter. However, the CVSRs have PTC fuses which allow this high load to abate before opening the relay, thus protecting your relay/system.
- Built in current limiting: Courtesy of the PTC fuses (red components jutting out of the unit), if overloaded, the product will simply shut off safely so as to protect the relay and the installation. Once the high load demand has been removed the relay is safe to re-engage.
- Available in: 70A, 140A, 210A & 280A. 12/24V auto select.
- 0.0V drop charging relay: 0.01V drop is the voltage drop across the relay. This is a negligible drop allowing for the best charge possible across the relay.
- Uni and Bidirectional charging relay: IP66 waterproof (built to)
- Start up time delays: A 30 second start up time delay prevents the relay coming on while the engine is being started, protecting the relay circuit and preventing fuses blowing and damage to the relay.
- Customizable on and off voltages: The voltage at which the relay closes and opens are default at 13.3V (on) and 13.0V (off) – twice for 24V. However, these thresholds can be adjusted.
- Manual Override: The unit, by default, is voltage sensitive. It requires 13.3V to close circuit and 13.0V to open circuit. A manual override allows the user to dictate when the relay activates. Typical override would be an ignition feed.
- Extremely low quiescent current, approx 1 mA.
- 6 LED information display. With remote LED option. With 5 built in alarms