With boat owners in mind this adaptive 5-step charger can provide either 30A or 50A of charge to each of three battery banks. Or the Phoenix 1+1 model provides 3A to the starter-battery, the rest to the ‘house’ bank. 24V models are available with 16A/25A charge. Bluetooth enabled, you can monitor the charger and set alarms straight from your phone. Adaptive, intelligent, dynamic charge features – see the datasheet below.
Bluetooth Smart enabled
Any Bluetooth enabled smart phone, tablet or other device can be used to monitor, to change settings and to update the charger when new software features become available.
Phoenix Smart (1+1): two outputs to charge 2 battery banks
The second output, limited to approximately 3A and with a slightly lower output voltage, is intended to top up a starter battery.
Automatic voltage compensation
The charger compensates for voltage drop over the DC cabling by slightly increasing output voltage when the DC current increases. Please see the manual for details.
Adaptive 5-stage charge algorithm: bulk – absorption – recondition – float – storage
The Phoenix Smart Charger features our well-known ‘adaptive’ battery management system that can be preset to suit different types of batteries. The ‘adaptive’ feature will automatically optimise the charge process relative to the way the battery is being used.
The right amount of charge: variable absorption time
When only shallow discharges occur (a yacht connected to shore power for example) the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery will be fully charged.
Also charges Li-ion (LiFePO4) batteries
- Charger on-off control can be implemented by connecting a relay or open collector optocoupler output from a Li-ion BMS to the remote on-off port.
- Alternatively full control of voltage and current can be achieved with Bluetooth.
Fully programmable charge algorithm
- The charge algorithm can be programmed with help of Bluetooth or the VE.Direct interface.
- Three preprogrammed algorithms can be selected with the mode button (see specifications).
- The remote on/off consists of two terminals: Remote H and Remote L.
- A remote on/off switch or relay contact can be connected between H and L.
- Alternatively, terminal H can be pulled high, or terminal L can be pulled low.
- For a wired data connection to a Color Control panel, PC or other devices.
- Please see the VictronConnect app under Downloads / Software on our website.
Can be programmed using the VE.Direct interface or a Bluetooth enabled device to trip on an alarm or other events.